A few details about the art, Crown of Thorns - Crown of the Curse

I drew this representation of Christ in pencil and painted it in an old version of Corel Paint. I always start with pencil. This allows me to establish textures. I painted the background in water color and then worked on it more in my art program. There I made the background more golden, with my inspiration coming from the backgrounds of old Orthodox icons. I think this is the first piece that I have done where I actually like the digital painting better than the pencil drawing. I settled on a zoom in of the piece. I liked it better for many reasons. I do like how the full sized version shows off the texture of the robe. But the odd hairstyle is somewhat of a distraction to me, even though it is based in authenticity. Below you can see my depiction of the... scarlet purple robe.





Final thoughts related to the art subject:

If Christ saved humanity from the curse, why still then are we and the earth captives to it? We are captives only in the physical and only temporarily. Those of us that have accepted his liberation, he has saved spiritually and eternally. Everyone has a piece of infinity within, our spirit. And the spirit of a true Christian has been freed from any eternal besiegement of evil. This is not symbolism or metaphor. It is real and can be realized here and now. The eternal essence of a true Christian has a place in the kingdom to come. The physical realization of this for all to behold will be at his Second Coming. At that time, Christ shall wear a different crown. And all things then will be in the physical and we will perceive it with our natural senses. And after his Second Coming, we will no longer… return to dust.

Why does he delay his return? That is another subject for another time. Maybe you should ask him yourself, if you enjoy his acquaintance.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.